Saturday, May 31, 2008

Infidelity

To a dearly love writes a desperate man,
Desperate to shred his yoke of guilt.
TO you I confess in shame and disgust -
I have slept with another lady last night.

Enthused by a rising fit of lust,
Encouraged by the sweet offerings of hers,
Yielding to a temptation never felt before
I have slept with that lady last night.

In a moment of an utmost desire
When I could push you off my mind,
I gave in to that smile and that love
And I have slept with her last night.

Infidelity is not the word to describe it.
May be I should be damned for life.
But she was such a damzzel I say.
How could I not sleep with her last night?

I may have wronged beyond penance
Because I slept with her last night.
But I apologise, if you can pardon me
For I slept with your memories last night!

No comments: