Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Story Just Begins Here..

For a decade and a gone-by lifetime
I have been writing about me, you or her.
Today it's a story of ours - not mine
About a new life in bliss together.

Once upon a time, not very long ago,
That I refuse to recollect and fail to forget
I lived a life that I cannot justify.
For valuing nothing as life and life as naught
Only fools from fables can reason.
I am glad that life is over now and that I am reborn.
And yes, the story begins here.

I have been foolish but not without reason.
I was backed by a million hands hailing me.
One, late I realised belonged to her.
I am so tempted to call her a goddess.
But I shan't lest she be distanced from me.
I am so tempted to thank her.
But I shan't lest she be repaid by me.

It took me a longer while than it should have
To feel her warmth or hear her caution me.
But when I finally heard it at last,
I knew I need her and she was made for me.

Time has been my judge. Time has been my sentence.
But if punishment were as sweet as she
I'd commit my crime over and over again.
To know that she shall hold me before I fall
I shall totter, trip and stumble.
To know that she shall love me no matter what.
I shall make my mistakes and learn from her.
She pampers my faults - she loves it when I am wrong.
For she can then love me more and take me a little closer!

Of all the things I never asked God,
I regret not asking for her.
For now I have to carry the guilt
Of getting more than I can ever ask for!

It's a life of a million happy men
That I proudly will get to live with her.
I bid end to my new beginning here.
And as I said, the story just BEGINS here. :)

1 comment:

Ashei...:) said...

well.....wht shall i say...d poem made me feel jealous....i jst wish after reading dis...hope my bf wud have written d same fr me...:)...