Saturday, May 26, 2012

"Yes!" Questions - To TES Spring 2012 with Love!


Why, I ask myself, do I feel the rush to put these words out?
Why, when only a few weeks ago, I longed to see this day?
Why, when I thought I should jump in joy and shout,
My heart goes quiet and my feelings solemnly lay?

As I search myself for answers to these queries
I find replies for questions I haven't even asked
Is it possible to collect a lifetime worth of memories
And make great friends in just seven weeks that passed?

Is one night in woods enough to bring four men together?
Is it possible to share a part of life over a few meals?
Can intimacy be measured by the number of laughs shared?
Or a few slides about a person make him or her so dear?

Can five such men be found, who impart wisdom in so few words?
Are bonds really blind to age, language, culture and nation?
Can they really flock together, diverse feathered birds?
Are love, inspiration and respect really the same emotion?

"Yes!", the answer presents itself to all the questions.
The answer makes me gleefully sad.
While I am happy I learned that all this is possible
It saddens me as the time for learning has come to an end.

"Not to worry", I hear thirty and more voices say to me.
The answer is "Yes" to more questions than I've thought of!
Shall we carry the light of this learning ahead and higher?
Shall we meet again, sooner or not, to relive these friendships?

Time may try and put all the seven seas between us
But shall we commit to keep each other close to our thoughts?
My answer is still a loud "Yes!", hope you heard it.
If not, I will tell you the same in my dreams tonight!

No comments: